Family

Family

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Thinking

I haven't used the blog for a long time now. It would sometimes frustrate me because I couldn't get it to do what I wanted it to and I figured Facebook was good enough. The last week I have spent a lot of time reading and crying and gaining strength from other people's blogs and decided it was time to get mine up and running again. I never write in a journal anymore so at least this way I can document and detail more things about my family than not having anything at all.

Tonight, well I guess this morning since it is 1:13 a.m.!, as I sit here waiting for all my paperwork to print out for work and waiting for Myriah to get home from the Drive-In movie with friends I am thinking about life. I have been touched by a little girl (and her parents) who I have never met this week who went back home to her Heavenly Father yesterday. You can see their story at patrickandashley.blogspot.com

Sometimes in our day to day lives we take for granted that each one of those days, the minutes....even the seconds is a gift from our Heavenly Father. What are we doing with that gift?? I sat and just watched my 3 youngest children sleeping tonight....grateful for their lives, their spirits, their personalities....the joy that they bring into my life!!
Some people have asked me how I handle my kids and all their accidents....my answer to that is that it could always be worse. I will take stitches, or broken bones, or concussions any day over so many other trials we could have.

I have realized lately that Heavenly Father does hear and answer prayers. He does bless us with miracles in our lives....they just aren't always the answers or miracles we thought we would get....they are the answers and miracles that He knows are best for us.

I hope that I can remember from day to day how short and precious this life is and play a little more, laugh a little more, and just enjoy my children and this journey we are on!

No comments: